A collection of ethical fashion learning resources and a list of my favorite blogs and websites dedicated to all things sustainable, ethical and conscious.
Or use this Interactive Google Map as a guide to brick and mortar and online ethical shops in Austin!
Uses these to take a deeper dive into ethical fashion.
- Capsule Wardrobe Planner (PDF) via Unfancy – a minimalist fashion blog with daily outfit ideas for a 37-piece wardrobe.
- Project 333 – a minimalist fashion challenge that invites you to dress with 33 items or less for 3 months.
- 6 Steps to a Sustainable Wardrobe – via Tortoise & Grey Lady, a quality guide to the topic of sustainable fashion.
- American Fashion Podcast – quirky segments and interviews about the fashion industry and ethical design.
- Cruelty Free Fabric Guide – get woke about your fabrics!
Want to see if a brand you wear now is using ethical or sustainable practices? Use these sites to check.
- Transparency Index: The 100 biggest brands and retailers ranked by Fashion Revolution according to how much they disclose about their social and environmental impact.
- DoneGood: A browser app that auto-corrects your shopping to suggest ethical alternatives.
- Good On You: Ethical ranking you can take with you while you shop. Voila, no pre-research required!
- The Higg Index: A holistic overview of the sustainability performance of a product or company.
If you’re a designer, you can find a Cradle to Cradle™ certified list of sustainable textiles on Fashion Positive’s Materials Collection.
These are the other blogs and website I read that cover ethical fashion, conscious living. and sustainability. A few peppered in here discuss politics, culture, and the arts.
- The Fashion Law
- Fashion Revolution
- The Note Passer
- Live Eco
- Florum Fashion Magazine
- One of a Kind Sustainability
- My Kind Closet
- Kamea World
- Green or Die
- The Curious Button
- Tortoise & Grey Lady
- Fashion Hedge
- Sustaining Life
- Eco Warrior Princess
- Style Me Sustainable
- The Garbage Pile
- EF Magazine
- Need Supply Blog
- Refinery 29
- Selva Beat Magazine
- The Ethereal Edit
- What Pixies Wear
- L&J Files
- Live Eco
- Tartan Brunette
- These Native Goods
- The Fashion Advocate
- Reading My Tea Leaves